Application procedure

  1. Your prospective employer must file Form I-129, Petition for Non-immigrant Worker, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). For more detailed information regarding the filing of Form I-129, as well as requirements.
    Note: Prospective employers should file the petition as soon as possible (but not more than 6 months before the proposed employment will begin) in order to provide adequate time for petition and subsequent visa processing.
  2. Your petition, Form I-129, must be approved before you can apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate General. When your petition is approved, your employer or agent will receive a Notice of Action, Form I-797, which serves as your petition’s approval notification. The consular officer will verify your petition approval through the Department of State’s Petition Information Management Service (PIMS) during your interview.
  3. Situation 1: In the United States, the clients should:
    1)Change to R non-immigrant status.
    2)File at the USCIS service center with jurisdiction.
    3)After submitting the application, the applicant will be given a computerized filing receipt. Then the applicant can get the result of the application.
    Situation 2: Outside the United States, the clients should:
    1)Complete online DS-160 Form
    2)Pay filing fee
    3)Schedule an Appointment
    4)Prepare related materials. See Required Documentation
    5)Attend visa interview, obtain R visa
    6)If your application is checked or rejected, please contact a professional attorney in time.