M Visa

AWhat is M visa?

The M-1 visa (Vocational Student) category includes students in vocational or other nonacademic programs, other than language training.

An M-1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the course to a maximum of one year and extensions may be granted. An M-1 visa also entitles the holder to engage in practical training or related temporary employment upon completion of their course.

The M-2 visa is a type of visa reserved for the spouse or child of an M-1 student.An accompanying spouse cannot accept employment or engage in study without obtaining an appropriate work or student visa, but accompanying children are entitled to attend primary and secondary school in the US.

BM-1 Student Visa Requirements

You may enter in the F-1 or M-1 visa category provided you meet the following criteria:

1.You must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program

2.Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement

3.You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution

4.You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency

5.You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study

6.You must maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up.