K Visa Application Process

  • K-1/K-2 application
  1. U.S citizen files an I-129F with USCIS on behalf of Alien Fiancé(e)
  2. U.S citizen has the option of filing a petition for the Alien Fiancé(e)’s children
  3. If approved, notification will be sent to the U.S. embassy/consulate of the foreign beneficiary.
  4. Undergo a proper medical examination. 
  5. Attend a visa interview. 
  6. Get K-1/K-2 Visa.
  7. a) After coming to the United States,Alien Fiancé(e) and the U.S citizen marry within 90 days.
    Alien Fiancé(e)along with his/her children can adjust status and become permanent residents.
    b) Alien Fiancé(e)  and United States citizen break up.
    Alien Fiancé(e) and children, if any, go back to home country.
  • K-3/K-4 application
  1. File Form I-130(s) for your spouse (and children). 
  2. File Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)).
  3. Begin to apply for the K-3/K-4 visa by scheduling an interview at a U.S. consulate. 
  4. Gather necessary documents. 
  5. Undergo a proper medical examination. 
  6. Attend a visa interview. 
  7. Receive the K-3/K-4 visa and document packet. 

If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us info@owenlawpc.com