Required Documentation for H-3 visas

  1. Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page (For applicants applying outside the United States) 
  2. Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). If more than 1 person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
  3. Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must have been taken within the past six months, and must be the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
  4. Form I-129, I-797 notice
  5. Supporting Documents
    1) Describes the type of training and supervision to be given, and the structure of the training program;
    2) Sets the proportion of time that will be devoted to productive employment;
    3) Shows the number of hours that will be spent, respectively, in classroom instruction and in on –the-job training;
    4) Describes the career abroad for which the training will prepare the foreign national;
    5) Indicates the reasons why such training cannot be obtained in the foreign national’s country and why it is necessary for the foreign national to be trained in the United States; and
    6) Indicates the source of any remuneration received by the trainee and any benefit which will accrue to the employer/organization for providing the training.
    Special Education Exchange Visitor 
    Nearing the completion of a baccalaureate or higher degree program in special education; or
    Has already earned a baccalaureate or higher degree in special education;  or
    Has extensive prior training and experience teaching children with physical, mental or emotional disabilities.