Required Documentation

  1. Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). If more than 1 person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
  2. Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page (For applicants applying outside the United States)
  3. Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must have been taken within the past six months, and must be the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
  4. A diplomatic note – This note is written confirmation from the international organization or NATO of your status and your official purpose for coming to the United States. Beginning July 1, 2014, the diplomatic note submitted with any G-4 visa application outside the United States, and for any request for a change into such visa status in the United States, must include the following information:
    1) the international organization officer’s or employee’s name, date of birth, position and title, the international organization where the individual will be serving, the purpose of travel, a brief description of his or her duties, travel date, and the anticipated length of stay in the United States, and
    2) the names, relationships, and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the officer or employee.
  5. For an immediate family member applying separate from the principal visa applicant – A copy of both the visa and I-94 (both front and back) for the principal visa holder is required. If the principal visa applicant entered the U.S. after the automation of Form I-94, and his/her Arrival/Departure Record was created electronically, a photocopy of his/her admission stamp can be provided to the family member applying separately. Alternatively, the principal applicant may obtain a paper Form I-94 at and provide it to the family member applying separately.
  6. To apply for an G-5 , the visa applicant must submit each of the items explained in the How to Apply: G-5 Visas.
    Employment Contract signed by both the employer and the employee which must include    each of the following items:
    1) Description of Duties.
    2) Hours of Work.
    3) Minimum Wage.
    4) Overtime Work.
    5) Payment.
    6) Transportation to and from the United States.
    7) Other Recommended Terms of Employment.

Aliens who may qualify for immediate family status on this basis include:  any other relative, by blood, marriage, or adoption, of the principal alien or his/her spouse; a same-sex domestic partner; and a relative by blood, marriage, or adoption of the same-sex domestic partner.  The term “domestic partner” means a same-sex domestic partner. Domestic partners may be issued A or G visas if the sending country would provide reciprocal treatment to domestic partners of U.S. citizen government and international organization officials and employees.