- Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page (For applicants applying outside the United States)
- Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). If more than 1 person is included in your passport, each person who needs a visa must submit a separate application.
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must have been taken within the past six months, and must be the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
- Supporting Documents
1) Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.
2) A letter from your employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed, any authorized vacation and the business purpose, if any, of your U.S. trip.
3) Where appropriate, an itinerary and/or other information about your planned trip. (This can be tentative.)
4) Bank savings account books or other evidence of liquid assets that indicate the balance in your accounts and account activity.
5) Real estate lease or deeds.
6) For crew: a letter from your company’s headquarters and/or your seamen’s book.
7) If you have a Chinese Seaman’s Card, you need to provide copies of page 1 (Personal Information and Remarks) and page 32 (Amendment Page). (Applicable to C-1/D visa)
8) If you have a Chinese Seaman’s identity card, you need to provide copies of pages 1-3 (personal information and notes page) and all the pages used so far (for C-1/D visa).