Required Documentation

Generally speaking, B1/B2 applicants should prepare the following materials. If you would like to get a more detailed list, please contact attorney.

  1. Online DS-160 Form and Form DS-160 confirmation page.
  2. Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States
  3. Two 2 inch x 2 inch (5.1 cm x 5.1 cm) photos taken in the last six months.
  4. Other supporting documents:
    i) Current income certificate, tax bill, real estate certificate or enterprise property certificate, asset certificate.
    ii) Schedules or other descriptions of travel plans.
    iii) An introductory letter from the applicant’s employer specifying the applicant’s position, salary, time of entry, whether he has been granted leave, and the purpose (if any) of going to the United States to participate in business activities.
    iv) Crime/court records ( arrested or convicted, serving a sentence or being pardoned).

In addition, depending on the purpose of the applicant’s trip, the following materials may be required:

  • Student
    Please bring your transcript and diploma, as well as bank statement and fixed deposit certificate.
  • Staff on active duty
    Please bring with you the employment certificate issued by the employer and the salary slip for the last three months.
  • Entrepreneurs and company executives
    Please bring your company’s job certificate and salary certificate.
  • Visit family
    The applicant should provide evidence to prove that he or she has a genuine kinship with the inviter and provide information about the immigration status of the inviter in the United States. The following documents may be helpful in applying for visas:
    Household registration or other documents that can prove the true relationship between relatives, recent photographs of relatives in the United States, copies of relatives’ passports or green cards (if relatives are staying in the United States for a short time, their passports and copies of visas should be provided).
    If the applicant overstayed the period permitted by CBP office when you last entered the U.S, please present the original extension certificate approved by the Department of Homeland Security during the interview.
  • Visa applications for medical services
    The following documents should also be prepared:
    1. The medical diagnosis of local Chinese physicians which explains the applicant’s condition and the reasons for going to the United States for treatment.
    2. Letters from U.S. physicians or medical institutions indicating their willingness to provide treatment services to applicants and elaborating on the expected course of treatment and treatment costs (including consultation fees, hospitalization fees and all medical-related expenses).
    3. If an individual or organization pays for the travel, treatment and living expenses of the applicant, a corresponding certificate of funds shall be issued. If the guarantor for payment of the above-mentioned expenses is an individual, the relevant bank vouchers or certified copies of income/deposit certificates or income tax returns are required to prove his financial strength.
  • Past travelers to the United States
    If the applicant has been to the United States before, please bring with you proof of identity or visa status, especially all previous U.S. visas (including expired visas).