AWhat is B1/B2 visa?
Visitor visas are non-immigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (US visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure or visiting (US visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).
B-1 visas are for business visitors and B-2 visas are for trips for which the purpose is personal or pleasure. Examples of a B-1 visa are to consult with a business associate, attend an educational conference, or negotiate a contract, etc.
On the other hand, a B-2 visa would be for tourism, vacation, to visit friends or family etc.
- The purpose of your trip is to enter the United States for business, tourism, pleasure or visiting of a legitimate nature.
- You plan to remain for a specific limited period of time.
- You have the funds to cover the expenses of the trip and your stay in the United States.
- You have a residence outside the United States in which you have no intention of abandoning, as well as other binding ties which will ensure your return abroad at the end of the visit.
- In some cases, private or family employees and seafarers working on ships in the outer continental shelf (see D visa) are eligible for B-1 non-immigrant visas.